I bet we’ve all seen those amazingly complicated snacks that parents prepare for children, which require hours in the kitchen.
The fact is mums and dads are terribly busy, and though those snacks may look amazing, many people just don’t have the time.
So I thought I’d sort a list of quick nutritious snacks that require minimal preparation or can be easily bulk prepared before hand. These yummy, yet quick ideas will keep your kids satisfied without you reaching out for processed snacks and drinks!
- Fresh fruit (probably the quickest option)
- Pure nut butter + toast
- Roasted nuts + dried fruit
- Veggie stalks (bell peppers, cucumber, carrots, celery) + hummus
- Yogurt + berries
- Cup of milk + cocoa powder (remember to choose the ones with no sugar)
- Cheese + crackers
- Oats + milk
- Cheese + toast
- Peas + corn + butter
- Fruit + Nut butter
- Boiled eggs (these can be pre-cooked and kept in the fridge for a few days) + salt & pepper OR soy sauce
- Smashed avocado + canned tuna + crackers
- Baked sweet potato chips
- Seaweed (try to get ones that aren’t flavoured to skip the sugar & flavourings)
- Roasted chick peas or broad beans
- Popcorn (buy natural ones and slightly flavour them yourself w/ butter or salt)
- Fruit & yogurt popsicles
- Homemade fruit smoothie (bananas, dates, cooked sweet potato/pumpkin are all good natural sweeteners)
- Edamame beans (The frozen ones only need 2-3 minutes in the microwave and they taste great salted or eaten as they are)
If you have any other good suggestion, please comment and let me know!